100-189 Excel Cat6a Unscreened U-UTP Cable LSOH
The Excel Cat6a Unscreened U-UTP Cable LSOH is a Category 6a four pair unscreened or unshielded UTP, solid conductor, copper cable with a low smoke zero halogen sheath. The cable is supplied on 500 metre plywood drums and is designed for applications such as 10GBASE‐T and 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Category 6a component compliant
- Suitable for 10 Gigabit, Ethernet applications
- CPR Compliant: Class Dca. Declaration Of Performance available on request
- Lightweight, compact but robust, round design
- Low Smoke Zero Halogen Outer Sheath
- Conventional unscreened construction
- Specified to 500MHz
- Sequential meter mark from 500 metre to 1 metre
- Sheath Colour: Ice Blue
Excel Category 6a cables are designed to the current ISO EN and TIA standards for Class EA / Category 6a performance these products are intended to deliver reliable, high network performance over permanent link distances of up to 90 metres and channels up to 100m, including applications such as 10GBASE‐T, 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
Each cable consists of 4 unscreened twisted pairs which are formed around a specifically designed X filler, manufactured from lightweight flexible polyethylene. The use of a X filler to separate and maintain the position of conductors within high frequency unscreened cable designs has become standard practice following their introduction into Category 6 cables some years ago. By controlling ‐ and making consistent ‐ the spacing and positioning of each pair in relation to the others within the cable performance levels can be assured and issues such as crosstalk within and between cables can be addressed.
The term ‘Alien Crosstalk’ refers to the influence on the signal from a source external to the jacket sheath. i.e. it is the crosstalk from the other Category 6a cables. This revised design is now round and uses a saw tooth inner shape to the sheath to increase the air gap from adjacent cables. These resulting air gaps drastically reduce the risks of Alien Crosstalk. The risks are further mitigated by following good installation practices.
Excel Category 6a cables are jacketed in an Ice Blue low smoke zero halogen (LSOH) compound compliant with flame retardant standards as defined in IEC 60332‐1 (option for IEC 60332‐3), IEC 60754 and smoke emission standards IEC61034. Supplied on 500 metre plywood drums, each cable has a print legend identifying the specification, part code and sequential metre marking which counts down from 500 metres to 1 metre, on each drum to reduce waste.
Construction and Specification:
- Conductor Size: 23AWG
- Conductor Type: Solid bare copper
- Conductor Diameter: 0.56 ± 0.01 mm
- Insulation Type: Polyethylene
- Insulation Diameter: 1.04 ± 0.05 mm
- Insulation Minimum Thickness: 0.22 mm
- Central Element: Polyethylene cross filler
- Outer Sheath: Flame resistant, Low Smoke Zero Halogen
- Overall Diameter: 8.3 ± 0.3 mm
- Installation & Operating Temperature Range: ‐10 °C to +60 °C
- Minimum Bend Radius During Installation: 66 mm
- Minimum Bend Radius During Operation: 33 mm
- Smoke Emission: IEC 61034-[1,2]
- Impedance: 100 Ohms:
- Cable Weight: 48 kg/km
- NVP: 66.7%
■ 10Base‐T Ethernet ■ 100BASE‐TX Fast Ethernet ■ 1000BASE‐T Gigabit Ethernet ■ 10GBASE‐T 10 Gigabit Ethernet ■ 1.2/2.4Gbs ATM ■ Digital and analogue video