Excel Cat6 Screened F-UTP LSOH Violet Sheath Cable
Excel Cat6 Screened F-UTP LSOH Violet Sheath Cable is a Category 6 four pair F/UTP foil screened or shielded, solid conductor, copper cable with a low smoke zero halogen sheath. This cable is supplied on a 305 metre reel and is suitable for installations where high levels of EMI and RFI could be present.
- 100% Aluminium Foil Tape Screen
- CPR Compliant: Class Dca. Declaration Of Performance available on request
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet
- Category 6 Compliant • TIA‐568‐C.2‐2009 • EN50173‐1 • ISO/IEC 11801
- 23 AWG Conductor
- Polyethylene Cross Filler for optimum cross talk performance
- Drain Wire
- LS0H IEC 60332‐1 Outer Sheath with Metre Marking from 305‐0 metres
- Backward Compatible to Cat5e and Cat5
Excel Category 6 F/UTP Screened Cables are manufactured and tested to the ITIA‐568‐C.2, EN50173‐1 and ISO/IEC 11801 Category 6 specifications.
Each cable consists of 8 colour coded 23AWG polyethylene insulated, solid bare copper conductors. These are twisted together to form 4 pairs with varying lay lengths. The pairs are wrapped in an aluminium Mylar tape screen with a solid 24AWG drain wire and jacketed in a heat resistant Low Smoke Zero Halogen rated material. The foil screen provides protection from Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) which can occur when data is transmitted at high frequencies.
The printing detail on the sheath, includes the cables part number, specification details and sequential metre marking.
The Excel range of Cat6 data cables includes options for unscreened or unshielded versions in regular PVC Grey sheath, Low Smoke, Zero Halogen sheaths in various colours and External Polyethylene Black sheath.
Excel Category 6 cables are manufactured and tested to the Category 6 performance standards as defined by the TIA, ISO and EN standards’ bodies. A range of performance characteristics are tested up to 250MHz including return loss, attenuation and near and far end crosstalk (NEXT and FEXT) for which both worst case and power sum tests are completed. Actual performance far exceeds the required standard – when tested in isolation and in circuit – resulting in significant headroom for even the most demanding of applications.
As well as providing link and channel compliance with the aforementioned specification – when installed with Excel category 6 components – the cable is also backward compatible with Category 5 and 5e components.
- Overall Diameter: 7.2mm
- Installation Temperature Range: 0°C to +50°C
- Operation Temperature Range: ‐10°c to +60°c
- Minimum Bend Radius: 4 x overall diameter installed, 8x during installation
- Conductor: 23AWG Solid Copper
- Drain wire: 24AWG
- Conductor Insulation: Solid Polyethylene
- Standard of Flame Retardancy: IEC 60332‐1‐[1,2] (2004‐07), IEC 60754‐(1,2), IEC 61034‐(1,2)
- Cable Jacket tested to: IEC 62321, US EPA 3540C, BS EN 14582
- LSOH Properties: ISO IEC 332‐1
- Nominal Velocity of Propagation (NVP): 72%
- Reel Dimensions: 400mm Diameter x 254mm
- Reel Weight (305 metres): 18.5 Kgs
- Cable Weight: 5.08 Kgs per 100 Metres
■ 100BASE‐TX Fast Ethernet ■ Composite Video ■ 155 Mbps ATM ■ 622 Mbps ATM ■ 1000BASE‐T Gigabit Ethernet ■ Token Ring