100-980 Excel Cat6a Screened U-FTP S-Foil Cable External Grade (Fca)
Excel Cat6a Screened U-FTP S-Foil Cable External Grade is a Category 6a four pair screened or shielded U-FTP, solid conductor, copper cable with a polyethylene sheath designed to allow it to be installed externally. This cable is ideal for connecting external equipment such as IP Cameras or Wireless Access Points using a cable that can be installed into external ducts and pathways.
This cable is supplied on 500 metre plywood drums or in 305 metre boxes and is designed for external applications including 10GBASE‐T and 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Category 6a compliant
- Suitable for 10 Gigabit, Ethernet applications
- CPR Compliant: Class Fca. Declaration Of Performance available on request
- External Polyethylene Outer Sheath
- S-Foil Screen
- Specified to 500MHz
- Sequential meter mark from 500 metre to 1 metre
- Sheath Colour: Black
Excel External Category 6a Screened (U/FTP) Cable designed to offer performance with the protection to allow it to be installed externally. Ideal for connecting external equipment such as IP Cameras or Wireless Access Points using a cable that can be installed into external ducts and pathways.
Each cable consists of two sets of two pairs are wrapped together in an “S” configuration with high quality, strong, aluminium/polyester foil tape providing screening for each pair. The “S” Foil configuration ensures separation of the pairs that ensures the performance. By using two sets of two pairs has resulted in a reduced diameter and weight cable. The smaller cable diameter has reduced the cable cross‐sectional area by 14.5%. This design change has been instigated to benefit the installer and end user in many direct and indirect ways. Reducing the size and weight means the cable occupies less space in the containment which in turn improves airflow in under floor installations. Less weight means that the containment can be of lighter construction. It also means that handling the cable on site is easier. Smaller diameter cable means that there is waste packaging to dispose of. The individual pairs are set to different lay lengths to ensure optimum performance.
Excel external grade Category 6a cables are jacketed in Black UV and moisture resistant polyethylene. Supplied on 500 metre plywood drums, each cable has a print legend identifying the specification, part code and sequential metre marking which counts down from 500 metres to 1 metre, on each drum to reduce waste.
Construction and Specification:
- Conductor Size: 23AWG
- Conductor Type: Solid Plain Copper
- Screen Applied: Aluminium Foil Tape ‐ wrapped in an “S” shape around the 2 pairs
- Insulation Type: Foamed Polyethylene
- Insulation Diameter: 1.30 ± 0.05 mm
- Insulation Minimum Thickness: 0.34 mm
- Outer Sheath: Black Polyethylene UV and Moisture Resistant
- Outer Diameter: 6.75 ± 0.3 mm
- Installation Temperature Range: -10 °C to +60 °C
- Operating Temperature Range: ‐20 °C to +60 °C
- Minimum Bend Radius During Installation: 55 mm
- Minimum Bend Radius During Operation: 25 mm
- Dielectric Strength: AC 1.7 kV for 2s
- NVP 76%
- Construction: IEC 61156‐5 ed2.0 Augmented Category 6a
■ 1000BASE‐T Gigabit Ethernet ■ 10GBASE‐T 10 Gigabit Ethernet ■ 1.2/2.4Gbs ATM ■ Digital and analogue video ■ IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) ■ IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+)