Excel Cat6 Low Profile Euro Size RJ45 Module
The Excel Cat6 Low Profile Euro Size RJ45 Module is a high performance, unscreened or unshielded, Category 6 Euromod (25x50mm) RJ45 module or data outlet that is designed to meet or exceed the latest ISO and TIA requirements for Category 6 compliance. When installed with Excel Category 6 cables and patch panels full link and channel compliance can also be achieved.
These outlets also provide backward compatibility with the Category 5 and Category 5e systems.
Each shuttered module is supplied with a slide label field and space above for the use of self adhesive or further labelling if required. Easy termination can be made using LSA compatible industry standard tooling.
These modules are suitable for 27mm back boxes when installed with the Excel bevelled faceplates. The low profile design also makes this module ideal for installations in floor box environments or shallow dado trunking.
- Category 6 Compliant
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet
- Backward compatible to Cat5 and Cat5e
- Available in White or Black
- Built in Slide Label System
- Integral Cable Tie Position
- LSA Style Termination Blocks
- 25 x 50mm Euromod Size
- Low Profile Design – Overall Depth 23.1mm
- Fits 27mm back box when used with bevelled faceplates
■ 10Base‐T Ethernet ■ 155 Mbps ATM ■ Composite Video ■ 100BASE‐TX Fast Ethernet ■ 622 Mbps ATM ■ 1000BASE‐T Gigabit Ethernet ■ Token Ring
Excel Category 6 data outlets are manufactured and tested to the Category 6 performance standards. A range of performance characteristics are tested upto 250MHz including return loss, attenuation and near and far end crosstalk (NEXT and FEXT) for which both worst case and power sum tests are completed. Actual performance far exceeds the required standard – when tested in isolation and in circuit – resulting in significant headroom for even the most demanding of applications. As well as providing link and channel compliance – when installed with Excel category 6 components the outlets are backward compatible with Category 5 and Category 5e components.
- Specification: Category 6
- Wiring Specification: T568B & T568A
- Dimensions: 25mm wide x 50mm high x 23.1mm deep
- Slide Label Dimensions: 17 mm wide x 12 mm high
- Installation Recommendation: Suits minimum of 15mm Back Boxes when installed with Bevelled Faceplate
- RJ45 Jack: Min. life 750 insertions
- RJ45 Jack 50 Micron Gold Plated contact pins
- SIP Housing: ABS 80% + AS 20% High‐Impact UL94HB
- Jack Housing: PBT High‐Impact UL94V‐0 Thermoplastic, 30% Glass Fibre Filled
- IDC Plastic: Polycarbonate Resin High‐Impact UL94V‐0 Thermoplastic
- IDC Contacts: Suitable for LSA compatible tooling
- IDC Contacts: Maximum 200 reterminations
- IDC Compatibility: 22 to 26AWG Solid wire or 24AWG Stranded wire
- NEXT at 250MHz Category 6 39.10dB @250MHz (Power Sum)
- FEXT at 250MHz Category 6 27.00dB @250MHz (Power Sum)
- Operating temperature range: ‐10°C to 60°C
- Storage temperature range: ‐40°C to 68°C
- Humidity: 10 ‐ 90% Relative Humidity
The Excel range of RJ45 data modules includes a Standard Euromod (25 x 50mm) and a LJ6C Size (37 x 22mm) that is commonly used in floorboxes. All versions are available in Category 5e Standard.